Need an Energy Boost? Try These Tips.
Do you find yourself experiencing an energy slump midday? Are you not getting enough sleep at night? Would you do anything to find a solution to your low energy levels and fuel your productivity? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’re going to want to keep reading these energy-boosting tips.
Do you have healthy eating habits?
Diet plays a huge role in promoting wakefulness. An unhealthy diet does not provide the body with the necessary fuel to function properly. Eating healthy foods that are chock-full of essential vitamins and minerals is a surefire way to improve your wakefulness throughout the day. Here are some of the major dietary factors that contribute to your energy levels during the day:
- Hydration – It is important to drink at least 8 cups of water daily. It is a good idea to drink water multiple times throughout the day and skip out on sugary drinks.
- Eating the right amount – The number of healthy calories that you take in on a daily basis directly affects your fatigue levels. Eating too much or too little can result in tiredness throughout the day.
- Consuming excessive carbohydrates – In a non-restrictive diet, carbs are the main source of energy for the body. However, eating too many refined carbs, which are typically found in processed and sugary foods, can cause your energy levels to dip.
- Caffeine and Sugar – Your morning cup of coffee or tea can be causing you to crash during the day. Replacing these drinks with raw cold-pressed juice is an awesome way to consume more essential vitamins and minerals and boost your energy.
Are you getting enough sleep?
It’s no secret that Americans are overworked. Unfortunately, we have a mentality that the work grind comes before our health. This has contributed to a significant rise in stress-related illnesses and obesity. It’s easy to put sleep on the back-burner when it is weighed against social commitments, gym time, and getting work done. However, it is recommended that adults get 7-9 hours of sleep every night.
Sleep is vital to overall health as there are numerous functions that take place within the body while we are resting. Sleeping allows our bodies to devote the necessary energy and time to recover from our days. Here are some of the major bodily functions that occur during sleep:
- The brain is active and working. Most people are familiar with the brain’s activity during sleep, they are familiar with the concept of dreaming because the vast majority of people do it. However, the most important brain function during sleep is often ignored. As we sleep, our brains are busy cementing memories from the day. This supports our ability to learn on a day-to-day basis. Not getting enough sleep will result in poor retention rates and poor memory function.
- Recovery. You don’t need to be a professional athlete to benefit from the process of recovery that happens while you sleep. You don’t even need to work out. Our bodies go through wear and tear on a regular basis. While we sleep our bodies work to repair themselves by producing and repairing cells and tissues throughout our body. This process allows us to recuperate from a long day.
- Energy Restoration. Some days may feel longer than others, but after a good night’s sleep you’ll wake up feeling rejuvenated and replenished. Sleep allows the body time to rest and restore which promotes healthy function on a daily basis.
How Drinking Raw Cold-Pressed Juice Can Boost Your Energy
Raw cold-pressed juice can give you the energy that you need to get through the day. That’s not an exaggeration! The vitamins and minerals found in raw juice help your body to run as efficiently as possible. They work to provide your body with carbohydrates which are the fundamental sources of energy of the central nervous system. Not only does raw juice help to keep your body supplied with healthy substances, but it also delivers a significant energy boost.
If you aren’t already drinking cold-pressed juice and are experiencing fatigue on a daily basis, it may be time to make a change. Promoting alertness is just one of the many benefits of drinking cold-pressed juice. Raw juice that is made with apples, berries, leafy green vegetables, beets, or oranges can give you the energy to get through that 2 pm meeting or even playtime with your kids. Try a glass of cold-pressed juice and your body will thank you!